Aging - Does not always go smoothly
My mother-in-law died recently at the age of 100. For the past 10 years I was involved in caregiving. So I saw the aging process up close and I learned a lot.
Some of the milestones:
Falling: This was a constant problem and her home was checked and adapted.
Paranoia: Thinking her cleaning lady was stealing from her. She fired the lady only to find she had misplaced the "stolen" items.
Confusion: Getting lost while walking in her local neighborhood. Strangers helped her home.
Hallucinations: "Small people" visited her often.
Basic support: Wearing a diaper and having an aide to clean up messes.
Early dementia: Serious memory loss of recent events. But long term memory was good.
Repetition: Asking the same question repeatidly even when the answer was given.
But this is very individual. My mother-in-law has a sister only 18 months younger, and she shows none of the above problems.
Content written and posted by Ken Abbott abbottsystems@gmail.com
Like this post? Please share it by clicking one of the share buttons below!